cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

splitting wifi

Just joined

HI

I am trying to split my Wi-Fi. I understand the process but cant seem to find the wireless security page I need to complete this. Can anyone tell me how to get on to this page please?

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub model is it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try the following;

• Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
• Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
• Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
• Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID), suggest append _2 to the end.
• Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz, suggest append _5 to the end and click on Apply changes
• Try to avoid spaces and periods in the SSID names as they can cause issues with certain devices.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

g0akc
Problem sorter

Here’s a link to the official VM page for changing settings like the SSIDs

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-configure-advanced-settings-on-your-hub

the pictures might help

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 206489403, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I can see the Community has responded and provided loads of information to help you. 

If you require any further help, just pop back here with an update so we can help assist. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs