Menu
roban
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

specific website redirecting to 192.168.0.1

Hello!

Our router rebooted yesterday due to a 1 second power cut (most appliances didnt power off it was that quick) and to check whether it was back up and running after i went to news.bbc.co.uk...

Today whenever i go to news.bbc.co.uk (i know this is the old address) it redirects me to the VM router troubleshooter page. This is the only page to do it and i don't know how to fix it. (im not desperate to go to BBC news but it would be handy to know how to fix it. Obviously everything is running fine as im on here afterall 🙂

Edit: this may be a chrome issue, i dont know, incognito tab worked fine. But if anyone has any ideas

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: specific website redirecting to 192.168.0.1

Theirs no reason how or why its doing that.

Change your DNS to 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8, 9.9.9.9 and reboot see if it redirects you.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
roban
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sadly that didnt seem to do anything, i think its more than likely a chrome issue but not sure on what or why. Thanks though 🙂

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try another browser
---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Irishdexy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Clear Cookies, Cache etc from the beginning of time in that case. If Incognito works it sounds like something in the settings you have is causing a Loopback to the Router page

It's under the 3 Vertical ... on the Menu in Chrome then select Settings. In Settings, it appears under Privacy and Security

0 Kudos
roban
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I came back to reply to this to say "flushing cache and history worked" and i saw you'd replied! Thanks!

If anyone else has this weird issue try this (didnt need to delete cookies which is nice)