cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solid red light modem

Ka4
Joining in

Hello

I have been having a problem with the hub3 - solid red light, this issue has been reported over the phone many times, agents I spoke had reassured me that the replacement hub would be sent but nothing...no email confirmation or replacements. I have to reboot my router nearly every day as the WIFI is slow or some devices do not connect at all. I feel like I am wasting my time to call customer services, explaining the issue, them saying that all has been arranged but the true is that nothing is arranged. This has now gone on for over a year without change.

It is somehow impossible to speak to a reliable agent at VM who can actually help. The hub is quite hot to touch so I am worried that the router is overheating and can cause a fire..

Can a team member please message myself to arrange an engineer or organise a new hub 3 for despatch.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Ka4, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

I am going to send you a PM but please can you just try these steps for me;

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.
 Please look out for my PM in your inbox. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Ka4, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

I am going to send you a PM but please can you just try these steps for me;

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.
 Please look out for my PM in your inbox. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

No problem at all, glad we've managed to get this resolved for you.

Please do keep us updated. 

Enjoy the rest of your evening. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Dear Matthew, Thank you so much for your prompt action, arranging a technician visit within two days after my post. Very impressed with the technician visit today, who has replaced the hub (as it was really overheating) and did a heath check to make sure all is working fine. I wish I have known the forum before. Thank you again!

Hi Ka4,

Thank you for the update.

We're very happy to hear this is now resolved following the engineer visit 🙂

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide