Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

slow broadband AGAIN

hi there im new to this forum business, i just signed up out of desperation and sheer frustration due to the amount of time my supposed speed is 100 mps and actual speed is around 13 mps i have been having to reboot my modem almost every day, and when i do i get speed up in the 70s range but within a few hours its back to brian the snail speed, i use plex media player a lot as im disabled and cant get out much and terrestrial tv is rubbish but over the last month or so its just a buffer fest when i try to use it and anything i try to download takes hours i called virgin media today and was told i could not be put through to disconnections  due to an earthquake and i could call tomorrow but i may still not get through so i guess there is only the one place that deals with disconnections and its in Manila, which i personally think is as ridiculous as the speeds they are trying to fob me off with, i mean what the heck am i paying for and are they in breach of the contract between us 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: slow broadband AGAIN

Can you post some stats. Go to 192.168.0.1 (router mode) or 192.168.100.1 (modem mode), do not log in, click on the link "Check Router Status".
Copy and paste the Downstream, Upstream and Network Logs. Mask any public IP or MAC addresses.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ironically, "retentions" is more usually dealt with in the UK (in business hours). Try this, call “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they used to be open Monday – Friday, 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. but I think they have extended it to 10pm and on Sundays too– [calling early is best!]) you will usually get a UK call centre who are more flexible and helpful.
If you want some help on here in trying to sort your connection(s) and speeds out you will need to post up some more details. What Hub model do you have? Is it just slow speeds or are you getting drop outs too? Is it just wifi connected devices that have the issues or are ethernet cable connected devices also problematic at the same time?

EDIT: and as Roger says - Hub stats would be informative

VM like all BB suppliers do not guarantee wifi speeds - only speeds on devices connected to the Hub by Cat5e/6a cables. There is no SLA on residential contracts.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hi there, thanks for your answer and help, when i go to  192.168.0.1  all it offers me is to sign in to my hub 3.0 with no other options  and 192.168.100.1 takes to me to a page that says the site cant be reached  so i cant seem to access those details  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi there thank you also for your reply and help i am using a vm hub 3.0  a late 2009 imac streaming with plex media player to a lg smart tv which are connected wirelessly and are all within 3ft of the hub 3.0  and a ps3 on a wired connection while using sky go app and occasionally some call of duty online, and when the speed is high they all work well but as soon as the speed goes right down its a buffer fest then i reboot modem and get faster speed for a short time then it goes back down, this has only been happening for about a month ive been virgin a long time now and have had some problems but none have persisted for this long, im not getting any drop outs but it defiantly affects wireless and wired connections at the same time and is very frustrating indeed, thanks for the useful phone numbers as well by the way.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The link "Check Router Status" may be faint, so check again.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos