Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

service is a joke

27/03/19 internet issues 200mg bb - service keeps dropping - ping all over on speed tests - 12 speed tests done over 2 days - all off peak times - varied results from ping 169 - 7  speeds from 33 mbps - to 215 mbps .

28/03/19 - technician comes out checks all equipment in home all ok - showed screen shots of issues - pc done over ethernet - checks cab in street - blames network issue -( he informed me that the cab is only seeing one of the 4 channels)  I explain that I have a technician every 1-2 months always same excuse , says he will escalate issue to the network team 

29/03/19 call customer services to find out any information - 1st person can not find any notes on system - asked to speak to manager , manager will call you back in 15 min ( NO CALL BACK ) 

wasted another 30 min of my life - speaking to customer services .

2nd phone call again on hold 15 min - explain all issues to customer services again - who tells me that they will speak to network team - ( placed on hold ) again cut off 

after suffering this issue for over last year - I contact disconnections - who ask me to give them one more chance - and arrange a level 2 technician to come out today .

technician arrives - checks all equipment again - he says he cant find any issues - I informed him of other technicians findings - he said he cant find anything wrong , I asked him as he was a young lad if he was a level 2 technician , response was no I am just a trainee technician who was asked to do the job at last min - " starting to take the **** now .

contacted customer support - explained all the issues - he then asked me to log into hub - http://192.168.0.1/- tells me to go to advanced settings - wireless - ( woooo stop ) - did you listen to anything I said to you - I told you I was hard wired -  its like they are reading a script - I even had one person tell me to take ethernet pug out of port 2 and try in port 3 - **bleep** this is the network support that you offer 

both speed tests done within 1 min of each other but no issues 

want some advice - don't use virgin 

SNIP 8.PNGCABLE 9.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: service is a joke

Can you post your upstream and downstream power levels..

Go to 192.168.0.1

Do NOT LOG IN- Click router status

hub31.jpg

And post Downstream and Upstream levels..

shub32.png

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

just spent another 2 hours on phone trying to sort and make a complaint - spoke to duty manager - who confirmed first technician has raised a ticket for a network issue - 2nd  technician didn't look or check - when pressured manager for ticket number - he informed me that there is no ticket number ( again another lie ) no ticket number - I explained that to open a ticket for a network issue there has to be a ticket number .

his response was we will have to send out another technician- I explained that I would not have anymore time off work - as expecting someone to have 12 hour off work in a week for someone to show up and plug a meter into line and say we cant find anything - ohh we found a loose connection in cab [REMOVED]

@Jock299 wrote:

27/03/19 internet issues 200mg bb - service keeps dropping - ping all over on speed tests - 12 speed tests done over 2 days - all off peak times - varied results from ping 169 - 7  speeds from 33 mbps - to 215 mbps .

28/03/19 - technician comes out checks all equipment in home all ok - showed screen shots of issues - pc done over ethernet - checks cab in street - blames network issue -( he informed me that the cab is only seeing one of the 4 channels)  I explain that I have a technician every 1-2 months always same excuse , says he will escalate issue to the network team 

29/03/19 call customer services to find out any information - 1st person can not find any notes on system - asked to speak to manager , manager will call you back in 15 min ( NO CALL BACK ) 

wasted another 30 min of my life - speaking to customer services .

2nd phone call again on hold 15 min - explain all issues to customer services again - who tells me that they will speak to network team - ( placed on hold ) again cut off 

after suffering this issue for over last year - I contact disconnections - who ask me to give them one more chance - and arrange a level 2 technician to come out today .

technician arrives - checks all equipment again - he says he cant find any issues - I informed him of other technicians findings - he said he cant find anything wrong , I asked him as he was a young lad if he was a level 2 technician , response was no I am just a trainee technician who was asked to do the job at last min - " starting to take the **** now .

contacted customer support - explained all the issues - he then asked me to log into hub - http://192.168.0.1/- tells me to go to advanced settings - wireless - ( woooo stop ) - did you listen to anything I said to you - I told you I was hard wired -  its like they are reading a script - I even had one person tell me to take ethernet pug out of port 2 and try in port 3 - **bleep** this is the network support that you offer 

both speed tests done within 1 min of each other but no issues 

want some advice - don't use virgin 

SNIP 8.PNGCABLE 9.PNG

[Mod Edit – Inappropriate Comments ]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

7.PNG1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG5.PNG6.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

8.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Although the power level are in spec, pre and post RS errors tell us something up. That and the inconsistency back up your contention of

"summat loose somewhere" - I concurr

There is another possibility, area SNR fault which would do the same thing, but honestly they both amount to the same thing- noise ingress

@ModTeam 

Can someone arrange an ACTUAL principal engineer, or explain how VM propose to resolve this issue.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

this is my 3rd account - been trying for over 10 years - in previous address no issues for over 14 years - keep telling them it is the infostructure – but no one takes any notice – complaints is a joke – I get so **bleep** off I just get disconnected – go to another supplier for a year and try again -.
Complaints structure is a shambles now – they not interested

have given up all online gaming - as cant play with the issues 

all they want to do is send an engineer out who dose nothing 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

errors 1.PNGerrors 2.PNG

they wont admit there is an issue - always same old - blame network - have has snr - issues ever since I came back - even after they upgraded system 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I cable 14.PNGcable 15.PNGCABLE 16.PNGcable 17.PNGcable 18.PNGexplained that

well waited in again - for a senior technician to come - as been having so many issues - had been promised a senior technician - by customer retentions team - so again finishes work early - for appointment - so waited 2 hours technician - shows up - meter on equipment - no faults found - shown screen shots from speed test - high ping - slow speeds - doesn't phone network - cant see issue - I asked him if he was a senior technician - informed no he was just a trainee ,
I explained that technician that had came out 2 days earlier had said that there was an issue with the service and that he had reported to network as the cab was only using one of the 4 channels available as - 3 of them where offline - he informed me that he doesn't know anything about it as he is only a traineehe was supposed to be a senior technician - spent next hour on phone to customer services - trying to find out why - I ended up with a trainee engineer again , no one customer services give a hoot , told that I would have to book another appointment - asked to be put through to disconnections .
phone call next day from customer retentions - asking why I was leaving - explained issues x 10 +++ over last year - promised a senior technician would attend my property in next 3 days ,
agreed that if they could sort I would stay with virgin -
appointment booked 03/04/19 between 4-7 pm - 17.09 phone call from Engineer to inform me that it was same trainee engineer and that there was no point in him coming out n- explained that I was not happy having to finish work again early - for them not to completer contractual agreement - asked for there manager to call me - manager calls me apologises - ( guess what ) wants to send me an engineer out tomorrow between 8-12 - 

how many times do I have to take time off of work unpaid for virgin to screw me over **bleep**  

warning to all - the service in last 3 years has got terrible - be prepared for missed appointments - technicians who think changing the modem every visit will sort problems - call centres that ask you to log into modem to change wireless settings when you have explained that you are using ethernet , 

managers that if they don't like you knowing more about system than them will hang up your calls .

welcome to virgin media groundhog day 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Compensation...?

Screenshot 2019-04-01 at 12.45.14.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos