Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

samsung devices will not connect to wifi

Over the last couple of days I have been having issues with 3 samsung devices connecting via wifi on a hub 3. The devices are a a20 mobile, j6 mobile and a samsung tablet. The strange thing is that another samsung tablet in the house is connected perfectly with no issues. TV and streaming from tv is connected fine. All 3 devices are saying incorrect IP address. I've tried various resetting etc on both device and router to no avail. The virgin tv and wifi service was down in the area on thursday last week. It came back on but with a flashing green wifi light on the router. The devices were connected but when i restarted the router to try and get rid of the flashing light I've never been able to get the devices to reconnect. I really dont know if this is a router issue or samsung issue? Could it be something to do with a recent Android update possibly? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: samsung devices will not connect to wifi

I find when  this happens its usually your hubs smart wifi feature playing up.

Follow the instructions here to see if it helps, you might have to reboot the hub after you do it if it still doesn't connect

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Turn-off-smart-WiFi/td-p/3977407

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: samsung devices will not connect to wifi

Wow it worked!! Thankyou so much!

0 Kudos