cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router - resets every night

simonwray
Joining in

hi my router resets itself every night at around midnight been doing this for month or two getting frustrating now 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

49 REPLIES 49

Hi @simonwray 

I can see you've spoke to the team since posting and have booked a tech visit.

Please let us know how this visit goes.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

they seem to think there is a fault with cabling which leaves our house into (pit) all outside so it looks like it needs renewing it was loosing signal in between this points 

Hi simonwray, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how the visit went. 

This can happen at times but the engineer would raise this for a repull. Just to set expectations these can take some time to get planned but as soon as the team have further information they will be in touch 😊

Keep us posted on how things go after the cables are renewed and remember we're here for any other issues too. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

they were supposed to if come yesterday but no one turned up

Hi simonwray, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that the engineer was cancelled and this was due to a national outage which has since been resolved. 

Can you confirm how the service is at the moment and let me know if you are still experiencing issues?

Kind regards, Chris. 

simonwray
Joining in

ok it looks like this has started disconnecting itself again 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @simonwray,

Thank you for coming back to us about this ongoing issue! I've taken a look at our systems and I cannot see any issues with your power levels and no local outages that could be impacting you.

I'm not able to see your BQM graph, are you able to share a live line so we can see the disconnections? 

Please let us know how you're getting on so that we can help further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

simonwray
Joining in

hi 

after doing some digging it appears there was electric outage in the area which lasted about ten seconds so fingers crossed that was the reason 

Hello again simonwray.

Thanks for the digging around finding the issue with the last reset on the Hub.

Lets hope there are no more going forward.

Gareth_L