Menu
benwade2010
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

"Your home devices could be at risk"

Hi guys,

Hope you & your families are all in good health.

I have had 2 emails from virgin media over the past month stating that my home devices could be at risk.

Apparently it has something to do with 'Multicast DNS'. The first email was sent on the same day that I installed the 'Crunchyroll' app on my iPad. There is a feature to stream from the Ipad to other devices, however, I have disabled this but still received another email.

It is important to note that I have many TCP&UDP adjustments for PS5 NAT optimisation.

We have been with Virgin for well over 10 years and this is the first time we have received anything like this.

Would really appreciate any help, guys. Is it possible that this is some automated email that has puck up a false red flag?

*I should also mention that the Internet has been dropping out terribly over the past month, sometimes like 30 seconds off 30 seconds on then a steady few hours etc.*

Is it possible that I am getting some sort of DDOS attack? Then again, what would someone gain from a DDOS on me?

Kind regards,

Ben

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: "Your home devices could be at risk"

These are usually scam emails.

You connection issues are separate. Post up more details. Is it "dropping" on ethernet cable connections as well as wifi? Are there any known problems reported on - 0800 561 0061 ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
benwade2010
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thank you 👍 I suspected as much because I've never had one of these emails before. Strange though because there's usually some sort of 'sign in here to fix the problem' link. No dodgy URL's, no diamond miner without funds for a pickaxe, nothing.

Connection is looking good this morning.

Many thanks & kind regards,

Ben

0 Kudos
benwade2010
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mods - Please mark this thread as closed, everything is fine now.

0 Kudos