Menu
miggyfan
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

quality of service

Hi,

I'm working from home and am using VoIP. The quality of service is unreliable and I cannot do my job. I have called the telephone number and carried out remedial action but the service is still intermittent. I keep losing my customers. There are works in my area and each day in told issues will be resolved by 12pm. They're not.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: quality of service

If there is work going on in your area then no engineer will call until the work is complete. 

Likewise, if you using a residential service for business purposes then you are out of luck there also as the residential service has no quality guarantee. 

A fair amount of us that using VM for working from home have multiple redundant broadband providers for this exact reason as if we don't have reliable internet we don't get paid. 

miggyfan
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I take it by "multiple redundant broadband providers" means you have several accounts?

I have fibre to the cabinet. Would any other providers on ADSL provide a more reliable service?

If so, why am I paying Virgin for super fast speeds especially as they have put my package price up mid-deal?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@miggyfan wrote:

I take it by "multiple redundant broadband providers" means you have several accounts?

I have fibre to the cabinet. Would any other providers on ADSL provide a more reliable service?

If so, why am I paying Virgin for super fast speeds especially as they have put my package price up mid-deal?

Again, because you’re on a residential service that’s meant for browsing, gaming and general use etc.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, I pay both VM and BT for my internet access, plus I also have 4G broadband just in case both are down. 

VM are good for the speed, BT is good for low latency, but neither are 100% reliable, hence why I use 2 for working from home. For a residential connection either on it's own would be fine, but I can't afford to be without internet and prefer multiple providers over a business connection. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You're running a business, so get a business line.  It's what they are for. You'll get a guaranteed service level.

sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I think business line its still 24h turnaround time for engineer visit.

If someone is happy to pay for 2 ISP maybe loss of income for every moment internet is down for them.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You could consider upgrading your data allowance on you mobile phone and use as Wi-Fi hotpot.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@sayekm wrote:

I think business line its still 24h turnaround time for engineer visit.

24 or 12 hours depending on package, with a support line you can actually call. 

On Virgin Media?  Nothing.  How much are your customers worth?

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@miggyfan wrote:

Correct. I have 3 connections I can use. VM, Vodafone and Three. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos