Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

powerline wifi cutting out constantly

Hi, can anyone help. Have vm350 broadband and using TP-Link Powerline to connect pcs. Live in an old house with thick walls so wifi not v good. Bought Devolo Magic 2 system to provide wifi over Powerline but really struggling. Worked fin for 1st few days but then the lan connection to router constantly keeps cutting out and losing connection. tried changing ethernet cable but no joy. Have returned and replaced the devolo system but still no joy. Can only think that it is the hub or a compatibility issue, but have had no problems with the TP-Link connection. Any ideas, am coming top end of contract so will just have to change provider if I cannot sort it out. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: powerline wifi cutting out constantly

The Devolo’s are probably conflicting with the TP-Link ones

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Why would that be? The TP-Link units are not wifi units, simply powerline units to provide connection by ethernet cable. Do not understand why that would affect a separate Devolo wifi system

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Because if they’re both powerline from different manufacturers they can conflict with each other. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos