Menu
fishonpar
Tuning in
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

poor wifi - twitter referral

i've been waiting for over 6 weeks for the delivery of some boosters/pods to increase the wifi around my home. i was told by virgin media on Twitter to join and post in this forum as a member of the virgin media team will be able to help. can someone from the team join my conversation please?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor wifi - twitter referral

Do you qualify for the free Pods?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
fishonpar
Tuning in
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

yes i do. i was told on 12 March the pods were in stock and i'd receive them in 5 days. approx 3 weeks later they hadn't arrived so i got hold of someone on the online chat and was told they were delayed due to COVID, the same covid that's been impacting the world for over 16 months, they were in stock on 12/3 and covid's not new!
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hello there @fishonpar

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I am sorry that there has been an issue with your Pods. We currently have a very limited stock and as such we can only order if the account qualifies after going through various fault checks. We are unable to order unless the checks have been done. 

After locating your account I can't see that any have been ordered, I can only apologise about that. 

I can see that it has been around 9 days since your hub was last rebooted; can you reboot for us when you get a chance? All your signal levels are looking to be what we would expect for your package and equipment and no errors are showing. 

We can see though that there are some issues with your connected devices. 2 of your devices are showing to be too close to the hub. the system is advising that this could be wasting valuable bandwidth and could impact other devices. If possible, either connected these devices via Ethernet or move them away from the Hub. 

Please do keep us posted on how you get on. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fishonpar
Tuning in
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

i have to say VM have got serious problems with either processes, record keeping, or incompetent/dishonest/untrustworthy/lying staff, i'll leave that for others to decide. The router was installed and positioned by the installation engineer at the same time as the TV box which i suspect might be one of the two devices positioned too close to the router however that is connected by ethernet. The only other devices within 6 yards of the router are a smart TV about 6 inches away and connected to the TV box by HDMI, and an Alexa device which i've move but this hasn't been switched on or connected to the router for weeks because i've disconnected everything i can which isn't essential so that i can actually work.

The pods were ordered by me on the telephone to someone whilst a repair engineer was stood in my lounge. The engineer told me what to say to ensure that two boosters were ordered. The person on the phone said they could see the report from the engineer who was with me. I was told the boosters were out of stock but the 'better' pods were available and i'd have them in five days. At no point did the engineer say things were too close and needed to be moved.

After approximately three weeks i chased the order and was told they had been ordered but due to COVID they were delayed. So what is the issue at VM - incompetence, dishonesty or poor processes, you tell me. at the moment i feel i've been lied to since my journey with VM began and it's a complete disgrace how a firm of VM size is allowed to get away with it. 

Something else seems wrong as i rebooted the hub on Friday last week, not 9 days ago, because i had no wifi in my office. again. 

The issue i have is not the output from the router, it's the reception in other rooms. The engineer assured me the pods would rectify this. i could go and buy a mesh to sort this out but why should i as i pay the top package for 500mbps internet and am entitled to the boosters/pods to enable this speed to be delivered consistently around my house. i live in a modest semi detached for heavens sake, not a 52 bed mansion!

i need help, if you can't give me that, please arrange for a fee free cancellation of all my services because it is just not acceptable.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Wifi speeds and connectivity aren’t guaranteed so you won’t be able to leave penalty free unless you’re within your 14 day cooling off period.

No one can guarantee or know your Wifi environment and you can’t expect a sub £30 hub to put out full house Wifi coverage by itself. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry about the messing about caused here @fishonpar - we no longer supply boosters and have not supplied them for a number of months. We now only supply the Pods once the diagnostics have been done.

When looking at your account, there is no order for any Pods or Boosters. I can however see notes from the technician to advise he had fitted them but we have no codes on the account to advise that this was the case. 

In regard to the devices, I cannot advise what they are on a public thread but neither are the TV box as that is connected via Ethernet. The devices in question are both on the 5GHz frequency. 

I have checked again from here and it is advising that it is still around 9 days since the hub was rebooted which means if you have rebooted in that time, it was not off for long enough to register the reboot. Please do reboot at your earliest convenience. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fishonpar
Tuning in
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Router is rebooting now. Can we DM as I’d like to take this out of a public forum to get the information you’ve said you can’t share due to being public. The his was the reason I joined the forum as the Twitter responder for VM said that’s what would happen. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back - if we need to discuss your account in any detail @fishonpar then I will be more than happy to pop you a Private Message; as yet we can still chat freely on the public thread 🙂 

I have checked the account from here and can see that you rebooted and it is now showing from this end. We can see that one of the devices that was causing an issue is no longer connected and as such that error is not showing.

After going through some diagnostics here, we would need you to do a PIN hole reset for us. 

Use a paper clip to press the pinhole reset button for, at least 60 seconds. The Hub can take around 10 min to fully load and get back on line. 

The Hub should now revert to its factory default settings – the same as those listed on the information panel on the bottom of the device.

Once the reset is complete and the Hub has been restarted, you will need to set up any previously connected computers or devices to reconnect to the wireless network.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
fishonpar
Tuning in
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

ok i'll try and let you know when done thanks 

0 Kudos