Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

poor wifi speed after router reboot

Hello

2 weeks ago my hud3 router decided to reboot it self I thought maybe just a fireware update 30min later Internet was back on jumped on pc started gaming and noticed I was lagging all over the place did think anything of it so come off 2 weeks passed and playing xbox got to a point where my WiFi would drop for no reason did a speed test over WiFi on xbox my gaming pc and mobile devices all run on 5ghz 100% signal but only getting 100mb tho my speeds should be up to 350mb and never had a problem with my wifi till 2 weeks ago I've don't every test and check I can think of I understand speed vary but after being with VM for 5 years neva had a issue with WiFi speed dropping much below wot I'm paying for, so I wired my pc and my xbox and getting speeds of 250mb to 300mb I no 5ghz transfer rate is up to 1300mb there shouldn't be a problem handling my speed it did befour why stop now so can anyone shed some light for me.

when you read this just remember i HAD NO PROBLEM WITH WIFI speed and and gignal at 100% and i was not happy with a comment one community member said to me he didnt even read my post so i hope some one from here can help.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor wifi speed after router reboot

You need to speedtest with a wired connection, not wireless (as already explained to you)

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

WIRED SPEED TEST ON ALL MY WIRED DEVICES
2K GAMING PC 250MB TO 300MB
XBOX ONE X 265MB TO 320MB

WIRELESS DEVICES
2K GAMING PC 57MB
XBOX ONE X 88MB
ANDROID X9 P30 AND HTC ALL ON 5GHZ AROUND 100 TO 105MB
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

So wired speeds are fine then.

If wifi is slow you need to look at optimising the wifi on the hub or investing in your own router or mesh system to improve the wifi connectivity and speeds.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

SO IN OTHER WORDS YOU HAVE NOT GOT A CLU WHATS WRONG SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT
1.YOU DIDNT EVEN READ MY POST COS I DID SAY MY WIRED DEVICES WORK FINE
2.MY WIFI WOKRED FINE TILL ROUTER REBOOTED.
3. VM DAM COMMUNITY DONT NO !"£$% JUST A BUNCH IF KIDS AT HOME BEHIND A COMPUTER.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

VM COMMUINTY WOT A JOKE NO CLUE
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

TIME TO PLAY LIFE HACK WITH VM ROUTER TIME TO CHOP IT UP
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Really?

You've been given an answer/explanation.

Do with it as you wish now...

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

OK,

Forget Wi-Fi devices for now.

Forget games consoles for now.

Stick to one testing PC.

What is your contracted speed ?

Which Hub do you have ?

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

What speed do you get at >> OHV << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what does it report the 'connection speed’ as for the cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

i have a hud3 my contracted speed is 350MB
on my wired pc at speedtest.net im getting 325mb
BEFORE THE ROUTER REBOOTED

on WIFI 5GHZ on all my devies that are on wifi was getting over 200mb to 300mb

ill i want to no is why my wifi went to being the dogs to being a dogs dinner