cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poles

superted1983
Joining in

hi i was just wandering if anyone can help, Virgin media are in my area using the poles problem is my pole has a red D on it which means unsafe to climb and overloaded, there's over 8 lines on this pole , will virgin media still be able to bring fiber to our house's.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi superted1983, 

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your pole outside is potentially unsafe and that you are worried we will be unable to provide you with our services.

This is something which would need to be investigated, when an order is placed there is a pre-install visit, this is when everything is checked, if any issues are found then you would be advised.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi superted1983, 

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your pole outside is potentially unsafe and that you are worried we will be unable to provide you with our services.

This is something which would need to be investigated, when an order is placed there is a pre-install visit, this is when everything is checked, if any issues are found then you would be advised.

Regards

Paul.

hiya Paul sorry for late reply been on holiday im back now and every pole on my whole estate has virgin cables on except mine the sales team assure me that im getting connected but cant see how.

If you have spoken to our Sales team they will get this looked into.

Regards

Paul.

g0akc
Problem sorter

A D pole is one that has been deemed to be defective or 'decayed' - generally because it's rotten or there's some other safety issue, including things like spiked railings, such that it can't be climbed.

Often a 'cherry picker' platform can still be used to provide connections.  That might be the case for you, so you get your 'line'

Eventually the pole should be replaced.

Hopefully VM can give you an update on when your order will be fulfilled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey superted1983,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

You've just described virgin media broadband; defective, decayed and generally rotten. 

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

VM is almost certainly doing this installation using PIA, in which case a defective pole is the responsibility of Openreach to sort out.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection