Menu
jo2734
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

phone won't accept hub password for wifi

I've tried and tried to enter hub password. Won't accept. Tablets are working. I've bought a new phone but still won't work. I am not a techno. Help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone won't accept hub password for wifi

Try entering the other password on the Hub's sticker.
Or do a pinhole reset to factory settings. With the Hub "on" push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold for a "timed" 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and Wifi networks should revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jo2734
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Because 2 tablets are working my husband doesn't want me to reset passwords on hub3 in case it interferes  with the tablets. Yesterday, I managed to get on with Samsung then we took phone to shop (about contacts) and they put in on their Wifi . Now I can't recall how I got on with Samsung. I rang Virgin but that was no help. Any ideas?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. 

Can you confirm which handset it is you're using? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jo2734
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It is a Samsung A10.  Previously it was Nokia Lumia  which did work when it didn't need a password (previously)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

silly question - which password are you using - there is the hub password and the wifi password - make sure you are using the right one

or

have you changed the wifi password in the past and forgotten that and are trying the password from the hub

Tony
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Do you get an exact error message when you try to connect to the WiFi? 

Or does it connect but it isn't working? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jo2734
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Using the wifi password (slide in/out card).. Don't recall ever changing password.  Until recently I connected without using a password

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jo2734
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tony!  Thankyou! Thankyou!  It made my husband think did he change the password?  So he looked it up and I started typing it in - he could see that I was  typing in an extra letter.  Then it worked!! God, I've spent ages on this - I'm dancing around the room. Ha Ha!