Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 34
Flag for a moderator

no wifi

could someone from virgin please get in touch with me because i am at my wits end i keep getting cut off the phone after listening to inane music for hours also no answer to emails i,m very close to stopping payments as i am a pensioner and need wi fi to keep in touch with family virgin sent me a new router witch does not work when my old one was perfect

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: no wifi

Have you activated the new hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 34
Flag for a moderator

yes i have also rebooted numerous times all i get is not in range i am sitting next to router

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 34
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Can you get into the Hub using an ethernet cable connected device ?

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - does it report any devices connected by wireless ?

Then navigate to the Wireless Settings and ensure that the 2.4GHz & 5GHz channels are enabled and broadcasting the SSIDs.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 34
Flag for a moderator

yes i am using an ethernt cable to my computer no devices connected it says wifi connected am trying wireless settings for channels

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 34
Flag for a moderator

still the same i,m not tech savvy but my brain is fried  thanks for trying to help 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 34
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Whenever possible use an ethernet cable connected device, ethernet is far more stable and is usually a faster connection than Wi-Fi.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 34
Flag for a moderator

So is a wired connection working or no?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 34
Flag for a moderator

yes but the router only has a short cable from the box which is in living room which is no good for bedrooms I would have to run a20 metre cable up through the house

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 34
Flag for a moderator

WiFi is limited in range, especially on ISP provided hubs

0 Kudos