Menu
Jenny68
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

no internet for over a week

Pleeease somebody help.  Our internet went off at 9.30am Easter Sunday morning and still doesn't work today 12th April.  I have had to drive 60 miles to go somewhere to get decent internet so that I can work from home.  Every time I call I get a time it will be fixed by and that time comes and goes.  I rang again today to be told there's no outage issue coming up in my area so it must be working and we need to reboot. We've done that numerous times and we still have no internet.  Then I log in tonight to the community site and surprise surprise it says there is an issue again - should be fixed by 1.15am tomorrow.  I'll believe it when it happens! if I book an engineer it gets cancelled because of the external issue.  I was supposed to receive a call from the technical guys this afternoon and this slot has been and gone.  I am so fed up with this.  

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: no internet for over a week

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

See what that says - if there is a known fault it also allows you to start the "compensation timer" with a key press.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation
https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Jenny68
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for your reply but I've done all that numerous times.  It's always an issue in my postcode area. They've already said I will get compensation but I just want them to fix the issue so I can go back to my home to work.  

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I assume there is no fix date for this!

Not good!!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Jenny68
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Finally got an engineer coming out tomorrow morning so fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Let us know how you get on!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Jenny68
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Will do, thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

just be aware that if there really is an already known fault in your area, all tech visits get auto-cancelled. So if a Tech does arrive then it should be a problem specific to your connection.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Jenny68
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes thanks.  The external issue was sorted but the virtual tech people didn't call me in the slot they said which is why they've booked an actual engineer visit.

0 Kudos
Jenny68
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

And they've cancelled the engineer this morning again due to maintenance.  Am so sick of this company-10 days with no internet.  Data used up for half the family. Engineer booked for tomorrow morning -bet they cancel again  

0 Kudos