Menu
nikola49
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

no access to ebay

we both longer have access to ebay via wifi ebay have checked all is good from their side I was told by 2 virgin agents there were a few customers reporting the same fault I've done every check possible 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: no access to ebay

Change your DNS then try again. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
nikola49
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ty we have done every check and every thing virgin have advised us to I have no idea what a dns  is to be honest or if we have tried it 

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi nikola49,

Thanks for getting in touch, I believe that we have spoken about this issue previously.

I'm just going to send you a Private Message so that we can discuss this further. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Thanks,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

DNS is what computers or devices use to look up websites, a bit like looking someone up in a phonebook.  If you can't access a site such as eBay it's likely that there's a problem, probably temporary, with your DNS settings or server.

Try accessing eBay direct with one of the IP addresses from their pool such as http://209.140.148.143

If you can reach that it suggests it is indeed a DNS issue.

You can change the DNS settings for most devices in their network settings.   Change the DNS to say 8.8.8.8 which is Google's public server and try that.

Another possible workaround is to go to a site like the excellent gixen.com (an eBay bid sniper) and reach eBay from there.

Otherwise wait a few days and it may resolve itself as your DNS gets updated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If a DNS change doesn’t fix it there may be an issue with the Akamai CDN which VM are apparently looking into - report it.

There are some similar threads emerging on here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos