Menu
jmorley
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

no 2.4g being broadcasted Hub 4

upgraded to hub 4 (a bad move) about 4 weeks ago and its not broadcasting 2.4g. have tried everything I can think of. made sure that it's marked to be visible and tried turning off smart wifi to see if that would help.

called customer services today and all they did is tell me to do a hard reset and if no 2.4g after 30 mins to call back and they will arrange a replacement hub or an engineer. called back and don't think the person read any notes on my account and just went through all the test the first person I talked to did ( I kept saying I have already done all this 30mins before) but this time after hard reset she told me to wait 3hrs before I call back.

what happens in 3 hours does a magic fairy come along from virgin and sprinkle magic fairy dust on my hub to make it work ???

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: no 2.4g being broadcasted Hub 4

Possibly 😉

How did you hard-reset it?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
jmorley
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

hard reset went the same way as the first hard reset. still, the same I have even tried disabling 5g to see if 2.4 will show up but still no devices can see 2.4g

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@jmorley wrote:

hard reset went the same way as the first hard reset......

And how was that?

What steps did you follow?

0 Kudos
jmorley
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

checked if 2.4g showing and it's not. changed SSID names for 2.4 and 5g and made sure they are all set to broadcast and still no 2.4g showing up. disabled 5g to see if it would force 2.4g to show up but still no luck.

i need 2.4g for my smart meter, tom tom sat nav and my wifi extender.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Have you checked with a Wifi scanner to see if that can see it?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jmorley
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

just downloaded and tried a Wifi scanner. only showing my 5g SSID name and no 2.4g SSID name 😞

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

May I ask what steps you followed to 'hard reset'?

Did you a) turn it off for 5 minutes or b) stuck a paperclip in the reset switch and kept it pressed for 60 seconds?

0 Kudos
jmorley
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

yea did all the above and was set back to factory default. I know this because had to pick a language and set up a password again when I logged into hub and all setting was back to default. tried to see if 2.4g showed up then but nope. so like I said changed ssid names and still only 5g showing. i know if I ring virgin again the person is just going to read off their tick box again and tell me to "turn hub off and back on" and when that doesn't work "do hard reset and ring back in a few hours if that doesn't work" as the last 2 customer service agents have done.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you have been having connectivity issues with your Hub 4, jmorley,

Have you been in touch with the faults team since your post?  Can you confirm that when you go into the advanced settings of the Hub4 under the "Wireless" section, is the 2.4 enabled?

Let us know if you need further help

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos