Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

new modem router??

Have had my current modem for around 10 years - can Virgin send me a new modem to see if it boosts the connectivity in my flat?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: new modem router??

Guess you have a SH1? The wireless might not be any better but you can give it a go or you could use modem mode and get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports.
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much, Alessandro!  I've just started signing up for the Hub 3 (which is free because my current modem is so old), but it's unclear on the form whether this counts as an upgraded package and I don't want to be locked in for another 12 or 18 months... don't suppose you know about this as well?? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Some say its a free upgrade without being locked to a 12 month contract other times it is.

The only clear way your not locked to a 12 month contract is when your hub stops working or is faulty in some way or VM has to upgrade you as they don't want to support it any more.  

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you again!  It really isn't very clear, to be honest... on the one hand they state that it's an 'upgraded package'; then somewhere else 'no catches; no new contract'.  I think I'm going to order it now and then text them tomorrow to try to confirm that it's free and doesn't tie me in further. (Why a phone company can't manage to employ sufficient admin staff for such queries at such times (when people are losing their jobs) is beyond me!!)

Thank you for your help, and hope you have a good evening!

0 Kudos