Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

new hub needed

how do I go about getting a new broadband hub without ringing up ? as ours keeps needing to be restarted for wifi to work for a hour then have to do it again every hour , I need wifi as im disabled and its only contact I have with outside world while sheltering 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: new hub needed

What is your connection like using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What hub do you currently have? Is it just WiFi dropping?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

it just keeps going off and needs restarting every half hour , I got hub 3 but I think it got something wrong with it cos it never used to be like this 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I will ask again ...

@MikeRobbo wrote:

What is your connection like using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What is dropping - network connection or wifi devices connection?

What are the Hub lights doing/showing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos