cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network speed

Mort
On our wavelength

I have 2 v6 boxes - 1 in the lounge and 1 in the kitchen and when I try to view a recorded programme from the 1st box via the second box I receive a message saying that the network is too slow.

The boxes are connected via wi-fi and there is a wifi POD in the kitchen and in the Lounge but the v6 box does not seem to use them - can anyone shed some light as to why I receive the error re speed of network.

6 REPLIES 6

gnome
Dialled in

I have yet to work out how the pod/mesh stuff works, but I would use a power line connector to, in effect, connect the boxes together and avoid wifi all together.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As said it will all be resolved if you can connect both V6's directly to the Hub on ethernet cables - possible ?

If not then powerline adpators should work too.

Or you could invest in wireless access point(s) or a Mesh system (or Pods - if free on your package?) to ensure that the wifi connectivity is optimal.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @Mort, thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Can you please advise us of your response to the questions from @jbrennand?

If both boxes cannot be connected, can at least one of the boxes be connected, or are there any devices close to the hub that can be connected via Ethernet cable to lessen the traffic on Wi-Fi? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Mort
On our wavelength

The first box (in the lounge) is connected via ethernet to the hub which is close by and there is a vm pod in the lounge also in the kitchen where the second v6 box is there is a vm pod and the two boxes are connected via a thick white cable, which i assume is the signal cable - there is very little traffic on the wifi at the time I want to watch a recording from box 1 to box 2 ?. It is almost as if the kitchen v6 box was not using the vm pod but trying to connect via wifi directly to the vm box in the lounge.

Hi Mort,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the V6 boxes. 

I have taken a look at things from our side and you may need an engineer visit.

I will send you a private message now so we can assist further.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Mort,

Thanks for getting back to me privately.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment.

To view this, please sign into My Virgin Media. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. 

You can cancel or amend this up to 4pm the day before the visit. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide