Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

network outage, Area 31?

Hi All,

The new housing estate that we have moved onto seems to be having a number of outages on all services? The estate is Harlestone Manor & Loxton Fields in Northampton, Area 31. Is this just teething problems or down to everyone being at home due to Covid?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I can post it on the local social media pages. 

Thanks,

Jim

#1stworldproblems

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: network outage, Area 31?

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” weblink (at the top of this forum board), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Service Status web page) - that may give you more info.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's a well known problem that Virgin doesn't seem want to solve, if you search for "northampton" and list by date you will see multiple threads open about packet loss/connectivity issues.
I'm currently running a Broadband Quality monitoring and the connection is always sature between 9am and 11pm.
You will find more details in the threads I told you about above.
It also seems that they don't want to give an answer and they keep delaying the date of when the fix is going to be applied. This is just ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So its a known issue.
A VM person will be along shortly to update you on the estimated fix date.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I live in Leyton, have no VM internet since Saturday. It's ridiculous. 

Last 2 weeks with VM are awful. Constant outages everyday. I keep calling and they keep saying the same "outage in your area". I would understand it happend once but every day? We pay money for what? I cannot work from home. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The "VM Person" is going to give us a date that then is going to be delayed.
It has already happened 2-3 times in a row in the last two weeks for this issue occurring in Northampton/Area 31, so I don't trust any estimated "fix date".

0 Kudos