Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

my ip was blocked by some websites, can i change my ip address

I know a lot of people are asking this, but there is still no solution yet. The custom service just lets me ask the websites to unblock me. But this is not realistic as there are a lot of websites and some of them I don't even know who to contact. Also, there are some websites or APPs whose connections are really slow or nearly no speed. All this can be solved by simply changing my IP address (since I have tested using modem mode). 

Are there any solutions to this? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: my ip was blocked by some websites, can i change my ip address

Hello

Due to the way that the dynamic IP addresses work I am afraid there is no way to change the IP address, without changing to modem only mode using your own router or changing the hub to a different one. If you get blocked because something on your home network is causing the block to be initiated then even doing the change will cause the IP to be blocked again.

IP addresses can also be changed when VM do a network re-segmentation.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: my ip was blocked by some websites, can i change my ip address

VM can't legally change your IP to allow you to access a site you are banned ffrom.

This would be borderline illegal under the computer misuse act.

If an owner of a network/site has banned the IP address they have denied that IP access to the site and taking action to access a system you do not have access to is illegal. You will need t get unbanned (be given acecsss) back to the sites by the owners/admins/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos