Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

move to stand alone tv

Due to major problems with Hub 4 and VM's inability to fix it, I am just about to jump ship. But got to thinking about just ditching the broadband and keeping just the TV. Got a few queries though:

Would VM just turn off the broadband remotely, or would I also get a new (downgraded?) box to replace my TiVo6?

With just TV service would I still have access to Netflix and catch-up tv?

What should I be paying for just basic TV (and phone line I guess)?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: move to stand alone tv

i don't believe you can have just the TV without also having virgin internet.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You’d need to call and ask to downgrade and other options 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Grumpy-auld-man,

The V6 only works with a Virgin Media broadband connection so you would need to downgrade to the older TIVO box.

If I were you I would ask to switch back to the hub3 due to your current connection issues.

You would need a working brodband conection to use the catchup and app services.

I've looked on the website and can't see any TV packages without broadband, however the retentions team may be able to sort out a TV and phone package?

There are some great tech guru's on this forum who can help you with your broadband issues if you post your stats.

The following post shows how to improve the wifi signal, and also how to post your broadband logs for the guru's to check.  You should indicate how you are connecting and the issues you are facing if you do decide to follow this route Posting router stats 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

If I were you I would ask to switch back to the hub3 due to your current connection issues.

unless it's the 1Gbps package

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

And here's the full answer.

You can have TV alone from VM provided you accept that the box will be the original TiVO box, which has its own dedicated internet access. The V6 will not work without VM broadband. I presume the same is for the new TV360.  You don't need a VM landline, but if you have an existing landline you can keep that, for the time being. Eventually VM will move its phone service to an internet based offering for which you will need VM's broadband service. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can only take out MaxIT TV under a TV only contract, MixIT and Mix are no longer available unless taking BBI and phoneline.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi newapollo - following the instructions in the link you posted, all I get is this:

Grumpy-auld-man_0-1603970239934.png

and it doesn't produce any data. Or anything else either...

However I have managed to get a BQM set up... https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/cf533726b9439882bdc255a99d5b98f436... 

The Hub4 was reset at 8.20pm after losing internet...

Grumpy-auld-man_1-1603970903386.png

0 Kudos