Menu
AG53
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

mesh wifi boosters

Does Virgin supply mesh wifi boosters? If so, how do I get them? And how good are they?

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: mesh wifi boosters

@AG53 wrote:

Does Virgin supply mesh wifi boosters? If so, how do I get them? And how good are they?

Yea, but they cost £5 per month unless you’re on ultimate ooomph or the gig serv.

you need to call in to request them but there are apparently stock issues at the moment

jury is out on whether they’re any good or not. Only get the complaints about them around here 😉

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: mesh wifi boosters

In theory yes, but seems that there's no stock available.  They work well judging by reports from other users whom I trust, and if you get them free with your package (ie top dollar) then they are well worth a go, far better than the skanky old boosters VM used to offer.  If you have to pay for them, then they look poor value to me, and I'd recommend you buy a third party mesh system of your choice.  Almost any TP-Link Deco system (except the E4) is a sound bet, and I'm using the M4, but plenty of other choices available if you want something different.  Be 100% sure that the problem you want to solve is wifi related, because if it is down to a cable issue than the mesh won't help.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub-3-0-compatibility-with-Mesh-systems/m-p...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos