Menu
gatd
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

mac filtering Super Hub 3 and Nightmare Virgin Media Response to issues

My super hub 3 has stopped working on mac filtering side

Everything was working fine but now when I select a mac address to block it from the internet (my kids phones etc) they are still able to connect to the internet ,same problem with the virgin connect app says its paused but they still have access. Virgin Media technical support have wasted many hours of my time, and one supposed technician said he never heard of mac filtering !  I asked if it could be escalated to someone higher who could help , But all he did was submit something to VM Complaints who just wrote saying "resolution Apology to Customer We have now closed your complaint " So back to VM tech again explaining I did not make a complaint but there is a fault with my router but just keep saying we have tested the router and nothing is wrong with the it we can put you through to a different Technical who can help they put put me through to VM gadget recovery after an hour the guy says I think there is a fault with the router I will go back to VM Tech and tell them to replace it hold on the line please VM tech come back on and say they cant replace it as there is nothing wrong !

I am at my wits end and no one at VM seems to want to resolve my problems

any help please

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: mac filtering Super Hub 3 and Nightmare Virgin Media Response to issues

Maybe the next hub for router mode will be simple to code with NAT, DHCP without reservation and DMZ and of course modem mode.

VM don't support or test mac filtering only the core use of the hub so use modem mode get a better router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gatd, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this looked into with your broadband and ask about MAC filtering, I am sorry if you've been having some trouble getting an answer to this. I'll be more than happy to help clear things up for you.

First of all, I've had a look at your services on my side and can indeed see an issue with your Hub's specs, specifically the downstream and upstream levels - which will need an engineer call out to rectify. I'll send you a PM after this so I can get this booked for you 🙂

Next is the question about MAC filtering - unfortunately we don't currently support it on our Hub's, I am sorry if this causes some inconvenience for you. I have a link here which may help you and others who want to know more about MAC filtering - MAC Filtering - I hope it helps!

I'll give you a hand with your Hub issues now too 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gatd, 

Thanks for replying to me in your PM, I've booked your engineer visit now and as I mentioned, if you need to change it you can do so in your Online Account

Please let us know how the visit goes so we can still support you if you need us 🙂

Thanks!

Megan_L

0 Kudos