Menu
marley598
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

latency

hello, i recently switched from sky wifi too virgin. whilst playing video games i have been having lots of connection issues and checked my latency which was at 2186m/s, is there an easy way for me too change my wireless channel without having too call virgin? 🙂

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: latency

Yes - but for gaming you should be using a wired connection

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
marley598
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

yeah that’s being worked on gotta persuade the mother too let me drill some holes in the roof first😂

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

A latency of 2.2 seconds isn't caused by gaming over wifi.  Whilst not perfect, wifi would only add about 3-10ms to your latency, and if a packet were delayed for 2.2 seconds the various hardware and software would long have timed out.

Setup a BQM over at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality that'll show what's going on with your VM connection.  Post a link to a live, shared graph here and we'll see what's happening on the broadband side of things.  Usually needs to run for 24 hours before we can draw reasonable conclusions, but the live graph will continuously update so you can post the link immediately. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos