Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

lack of service of internet ??

So after over a month of having little or no actual internet service I was told recently by customer service I was sat too close to the hub and should use an ethernet cable (which mean I was sat closer) directly to my laptop ! Tried that nothing changed , 2 engineer visits later 2 different hubs 1 which was reconditioned the other brand new still not working. 

Apparently the internet is only guaranteed to the actual hub ? There was me thinking if I was paying for a wifi enabled service I could at least get a modicum of actual internet from Virgin … Not so ! 

This posting has taken 14 attempts to post which was actually quicker than the 3 1/4 hrs spent last sunday being pushed from uk customer service dept to wherever in the world I was redirected then to have the phone put down on me !! Another 45 min call and another engineer would be sent AGAIN , Whats the point ? I was told I will need a booster which I would have to pay for and if it didn't work I could not claim a refund on money spent for this item again whats the point ? 

Virgin media I have been a long standing customer which you have lost over poor service offering great deals and low prices to new customers while people like myself are paying over £120 a month for poor service , Not even offered a discount for lack of service

I welcome BT into my house soon and wont be sending anyone else your way , in fact I have also recently changed mine and my families mobiles to 3 network again for poor service and price hikes.

To the head of Virgin media earning millions in pay and bonuses per year I hope you sleep well at night knowing you are losing people over these issues to a rival !

Seeing the adverts to the right of this message board only infuriates me more seeing things like " our most reliable wifi" and "our intelligent wifi" really is the icing on the cake !      

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: lack of service of internet ??

Are you asking for assistance or just venting?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Maybe a bit of both ! 

Has anyone ever heard of being sat too close to a hub (I was actually approx. 4 ft away at the time) to not be able to get a wifi connection because to me it just sounded like bluff ! 

Maybe , Just maybe someone within this company may actually start to take notice of messages like this on their own boards because they certainly don't take any notice of 15 phone calls ! 

5 times I tried to reply nut couldn't because I have NO INTERNET WIFI SERVICE.  

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin don’t sell WiFi. They sell a connection to your home and provide you hub to receive said connection.

What is the exact issue with the WiFi and does a wired connection indeed work?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

When they notice many people going to modem mode with own router then they might think not doing router mode with wifi.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

OK the hub isn't giving me a wifi connection and even when using a cable directly into a laptop I still cant use the internet.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Setup a BQM and post the hubs downstream and upstream
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi AnnoyedExeter,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the broadband issue you're having. 

I have taken a look on our side and I cannot see anything on the account that could be affecting this. 

Are you continuing to have this issue? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am, This has been going on for almost 2 months with very little response's from VM

I have been told I'm sitting too close or too far away , its the hubs fault not working correctly (2 different hubs sent and plugged in correctly ) 2 engineers visits this is poor service that I'm still paying over £100 a month for with no joy whatsoever 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Okay, we do wish to help with this. 

What I will do is private message you so we can look into this further. 

^Martin

0 Kudos