cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this the hub 3 login page only it says not secure at address

anne329
Tuning in

as the title says i'm trying to access the hub 3 router so i can split my 2.4 and 5ghz as i'm having issues with ring door bell at the front signal is poor only getting 14mb from my plan which is 250 plus and i heard splitting the ghz can help but when i type address in this is the page i get i've pasted the not secure bit to the top left i don't want to log in if it's not safe also i put the http://192.168.0.1  any one confirm for me thx hub1.png

7 REPLIES 7

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The hub address is not visible outside of your home network, so it is safe.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

anne329
Tuning in

disappointed on this at the moment never had any issues with old provider worked perfectly 

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Yes the menu of a Hub 3 is an HTTP webpage, carry on to access the Hub's menus.

If the Ring door bell is connected to the Hub 3, changing the SSIDs will not improve the signal strength.

Why does the Ring door bell need more that 14Mb/s of bandwidth ?

14 Mb/s is more than enough for two Netflix film streams in Full HD both with surround sound.

when connecting to doorbell it's very chopper and laggy and sound cuts out sometimes and sometimes does not connect at all not sure what to do atm 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The big problem with doorbells are they are outside.  Walls, wood and glass are excellent in blocking wifi.  You may need to install a wifi extender close to the doorbell to get a better signal.   The TP-Link AC1750 extender has been used successfully by others on this Forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @anne329 thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised.

Regarding the not secure message, it sounds similar to what users of Apple iPhones have stated.

Please see here for more assistance on security settings for WiFi. 

Many thanks

Tom_W