Menu
PD241996
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

is it possible to have two routers with two different accounts in the one house hold.

Hi I was wondering if I is it possible to have two routers with two different accounts in the one house hold.
I live with My mum has virgin Wi-Fi but the speed is to slow for me as I’m a gamer and she won’t upgrade her 100mb package.
I was wondering if it was possible two create an account for my self and get my own router and package with in one household so I can get faster speed. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: is it possible to have two routers with two different accounts in the one house hold.

Hello

Yes it is possible to have two hubs at the same address, you will need to speak to the sales team.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: is it possible to have two routers with two different accounts in the one house hold.

Yes, it’s a little different to a normal sale so not available online. I will send you a private message to help you with this.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why do you need more than 100Mbps download? It’s the upload speed that matters most for gaming.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why not just stay as is and run an ethernet cable from the Hub to your gaming device(s)? My lad is a serious gamer and tells me that wifi is the work of Satan for gaming. He always uses wired connections and never has issues.
Or you could could improve the wifi signal strength and stability in your property by getting a better quality wireless router or a Mesh system.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
PD241996
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It already connected wired I used to live alone and had the 500mb option and it was so much faster and better games don’t take long to download but now have to wait half a day to download one game. And my mum gets annoyed as I’m slowing down her connection as I’m using it and my 4 sisters. That’s why I would like my own router.  

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

VM will need to run a separate cable for a second Hub, and that Hub will be on a new contract.

Call in and ask them for another account.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Please check your private messages 

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos