Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

iphone reporting "weak security" but hub is definitly set to WPA2-PSK(AES)

Hi, this is something I've actually had for a while but since getting a new iPhone and having trouble getting connected to my home network I've not done anything about it as it was very intermittent (as far as I thought anyway).

Doing a few searches it turns out this is far from uncommon and seems limited to the SuperHub 2 which of course is what I've got.

Is security actually compromised with the SH2 in these circumstances? It's a bit concerning as obviously no one should be using WEP these days and if my SH2 is sometimes reverting to WEP anyone could hack it.

It appears the only solution is to replace the SH2 with an SH3 - are these just as good or better - I suppose they are meant to be an improvement or why would Virgin bother. 

How do I go about getting the new hub? Seems like some people have managed this this this forum.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: iphone reporting "weak security" but hub is definitly set to WPA2-PSK(AES)

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

"you can upgrade for free to our incredible Hub 3! Woohoo!"

Woohoo indeed!!!

Thanks for that Mike, much appreciated.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had to rest my SH3 this morning and subsequently got the "weak security" message on both iPhone and iPad. My SH3 only has WPA/WPA2-PSK and the message on the Apple devices says you should configure to WPA2(AES) or WPA3, neither of which is an available option, at least on my SH3. So, does that mean we are stuck with lower levels of security or are VM going to upgrade the SH3, or is it something else??

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The level in the hub is perfectly fine 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos