Menu
mario3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

internet

hi, can anyone tell me if they have problems with constant intermitance of there internet in the sw18 wandsworth , london ,area ,as i pay for 100mb broadband and i feel like im beening robbed as i dont get the service that i pay for. iv been with virgin media for more than 15 years and hardly get a constant internet ,and have to thether from my giff gaff phone which works better than my broadband this is not right. iv switched my modem on and of ,iv replaced my modem ,iv had virgin media works come to check it. whats left to do? leave and try a differnt provider? so, is it virgin media? is it the area? or what? if someone can help me, as this is now driving me crazy.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: internet

Is it affecting wired or wireless devices?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
mario3
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Both, wied and wifi. That's why I am asking if it's got something to do with were I live. Virgin media engineer's have given me reason from the cables out side to modem to the area ect.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you checked the service status page?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
mario3
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes. Sometimes there is work going on, they say. Alot of the time I check the states and it tells me I'm have intermittent  conection, over times tells me modem is of line when it's not.and sometimes it's says everything is OK, when it's not

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello mario3

Sorry to hear about this 
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello mario3

Thanks for those details 

I have checked a few things from here 

Right now we are working on planned maintenance in the area

This will be causing the issues you have experienced 

It is stored under reference number F008780541  

The review date for this is the 31/03/2021

Can you pop back on here if this still persists after that date 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
mario3
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Please tell me, why do I have to pay full amount every month, for not getting full service? This is constantly not working or being repaired.and have to use my phone data. Which costs me more money each month.

, which cost me more money.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @mario3 thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear you're having an intermittent internet connection.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos