cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet issues in B11 3AY

aigroti
Joining in

Cannot for the life of me work out the issue with my internet.

Over the weekend I've been having net issues. I assumed it was my desktop at first but it's all my devices. I've checked speed test, ping test and packet loss sites who say there's no issue but there absolutely is some type of constant intermittent loss. I also wondered if I had to replace my ethernet but I've been having wifi issues too.

I've reset and restarted my router a few times already too.

If I go on the virgin page it says no issues in my postcode unless I click the "i still have issues" bit on the website which will *then* say there's issues in my area but it's had no change or update all weekend (usually it will say something like, estimated fix by Monday or such).

I feel like I'm going crazy here as all the apps and services basically say there's no issue but I can definitely feel one.

If I try to call someone I apparently sound like a robot and my voice is heavily distorted although I can hear them perfectly fine.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check for known local issues - use  the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi aigroti, 

Thanks for taking the time to post on the Community. 

We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with your internet connection. Checking things this end, any area fault affecting you has since cleared. 

Can you please reboot your hub and monitor the connection and let us know if you ave any further issues?

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs