Menu
ianperi
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

internet dropping out

The good news is that I am not in contract any longer.

The bad news is that from the best provider experience I have ever had, I am reportedly receiving over 200 Mbps,  However cannot watch a movie, work from home or simply enjoy the service is subscribe to without interruption.  

This can be for a period of 3-5 seconds at a time, tends to repeat itself for 15 mins or so and then lull you into a false sense of security before repeating itself. 

I have reduced my connections to one, Ethernet connected and still experiencing the same. 

This issue has grown to being the norm from what was a faultless service 3-4 years ago.

Surely this isn't right...

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: internet dropping out

Can you give a few more details.

What Hub model do you have? Have you done a 60 second pinhole reset?

What devices are you getting the probles on?

Have you tried changing the ethernet cable for a new Cat5e/6/7 one (old ones do fail)?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ianperi
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: internet dropping out

Not sure on the cable, will try another. 

Reser yes. 

Hub 3. 

Problems with iPhones (seems to disagree with mobile data), fire stick (Ethernet connected) and works laptop. 

0 Kudos