cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittent faults and pod

evaporator
Dialled in

Over the last few weeks my internet has been poor. sometimes slow and sometimes dropping out for a short time. I have done the usual rebooting which seems to restore it but soon goes back to being a bit hit and miss. Also the wifi pod that used to work is now no longer connecting. I have run the diagnostic check which comes out fine, except for saying I have a few devices that need moving closer to the Hub. 

I have tried to phone Virgin for some help but it seems that I can't now get past the recorded message that says its going to run a few checks. I have let it do these checks, and the result is that I seem to have some intermittent faults. Keep an eye on it and see how it goes over the next 24 hours. Well its been over a month probably now so I need some help. It would have been better if I could have just spoken to someone over the phone but seems like thats not possible.

I have a Hub 3. and like I said it was working fine until a month or so ago. Please can someone contact me. It could be that it can be sorted remotely.

3 REPLIES 3

evaporator
Dialled in

Also On the text help they sent me, it says there is an intermittent fault in my area. That is SK6 3DN area. can this be checked as it must have been like this for a while

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

What is being reported on there?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John, thats interesting. Finally got through to a person at virgin by choosing to O2 option !!!

Was told that there is an intermittent fault in my area. since Start of February which sounds about right. Said when will it be fixed and was pretty much told it wont be as its just annoying 😂 If I don't laugh I might cry. Anyway a hard reboot seems to have fixed my Pod issue so not all bad and may make things better.

I phoned up the number you gave me and that said there are NO issues in my area. the test said that there was and so did the person from O2\Virgin