Menu
petebin
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

intermittent disconnections

Running a hub2 with connection speed up to 100MB.

The issue I am having is that the connection drops with no notice and no outside changes. When i check, I am still connected with full signal. Sometimes i get a "wifi not working" message, sometimes there is no message, and it looks like there is no issue. Checking a speed checker at this point gives one of:
Never finds a connection to measure
0.0 MB
or
0.01 MB

This has always occasionally happened, but the last few weeks it has got much worse. During lockdown, it wasnt any worse than normal.
When moving from 5G to 2G on the hub, or 2G to 5G , i get told that I get an "incorrect password" message. It is a stored password, so will not be incorrect, and will later connect with the same password.

The same symptoms are present regardless of device, phone, ipad, or laptop.
Sometimes it is all devices, other times some will be fine, but others will have full signal, connected, but 0 bandwidth.

The only way round this all is to perform 1, or all of the following:
turn off wifi on affected device
reboot device
reboot router

To do these occasionally isnt too bad, but this now at least daily, sometimes several times, which is becoming a pain in the bum, especially when it happens in the middle of watching a video with a small child.

Is this likely to be a device issue? a router issue? another issue?

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: intermittent disconnections

Hi petebin, thanks for posting and I am sorry for the delay in responding.

I am really sorry to hear you're experiencing WiFi drop outs.  To enable me to take a closer look at this for you, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
petebin
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This was solved with the new hub initally, but has come back with the new hub. I've sent you a private message. 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @petebin, sorry to hear your internet intermittent connection issues have returned.  I will respond to your private message.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos