Menu
Iandug1984
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

intermittent broadband

Is anyone else having issues with broadband connection today? From 1am all the way till now 8.45pm my broadband connection keeps going off, have tried to contact virgin but it's almost impossible to speak to anyone so fed up with this now, I'm in Burnley if there is a fault would be nice to have some sort heads up to say so, can't even run a test on my machine as I have a hub 4 absolutely unacceptable for the amount I am paying.

tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: intermittent broadband

you can check for local area faults by calling 0800 561 0061 - this is an automated service that provides information about issues down to a postcode level.. 

0 Kudos
Iandug1984
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have just phoned the area outage line and there is no outages in my area, very strange it seems to go off every hour on the dot will need to contact virgin tomorrow that will be fun.

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Does it drop out for both wired and wireless connections?  If you haven't already tested with a cable, could you?

Can you also post your router stats please: 

browse to your hub on http://192.168.0.1 - as you're on a hub4, you'll have to log in and navigate to advanced -> router status (honestly not exactly sure where it is, but it's somewhere in the advanced menu...).  copy/paste the tables from the Upstream, Downstream and Network Log tabs back to this thread - you'll need multiple posts for this, the info wont all fit into a single one..

0 Kudos
Gazza90
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes all day . Poor service again 

0 Kudos
Iandug1984
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I do not have a laptop but it goes off on both wired and WiFi

0 Kudos
BB46
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, in Shropshire. Needed to do a works meeting online this morning - 15 minutes before it started the connection went and has been coming and going all day. Then this evening realised catchup / On demand TV aren't working at all.

Tried calling 150, and as usually happens there's no fault, try rebooting, check connections, blah blah. And I'm now finding by googling that there ARE more people in this area losing connection yesterday and today.

TVXL, BBM. With VM since Telewest.
0 Kudos