Menu
nobody99
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

intelligent WIFI's got your back

I just got an email from Virginmedia telling me that they found a "WiFi traffic jam in your home".

According to their email my wifi has been "optimised to correct a WiFi traffic jam"

The message is devoid of any actual detail of what has been done.  It says it "regularly checks on your WiFi performance..." - how does it do this?   I don't use their WiFi.

Is the email a scam, or a lie, or are they eavesdropping on my (non virginmedia Wifi), or something else?

Also:  how does one actually ask Virginmedia a question by email or chat ?  I searched the web site and cant find anything other than a number to call if I want to leave.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: intelligent WIFI's got your back

Marketing. Ignore it. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: intelligent WIFI's got your back

Hello @nobody99,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see this.

Please can you tell me the email address that sent you this email? Or a screenshot of the email?

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos