cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing ethernet cable/socket into another room in house by virgin

ckon9
Joining in

while on the phone to virgin media the other day for another issue at the end of the call i thought id ask a question about having an ethernet cable rerouted to another room in my house as the WIFI connection is bad in my room where my PC is (i've tried a powerline connecter thing). guy on the phone then suggested router relocation and i then explained clearly that's not what i want, i want a ethernet port or a cable into my room and he said yes someone can do that for £25, so a technician is coming in a few days to my house blind of the task at hand. i'm wondering if this is even possible and for £25?? it seems like a tough job to be drilling, running cable and installing a socket or something similar for 25 quid. anyone else had this done or something similar by virgin or am i wasting mine and the technicians time?

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM will modify its own cables for £25 for a tech visit. VM doesn't install ethernet cables or modify them.

You should seek out a reputable local electrician or data/comm's installer for the job. I imagine it will cost more than £25 though!

Client62
Legend

For connecting an office / TV / computer etc these & the like are another handy option :-

https://www.screwfix.com/p/tp-link-av1000-powerline-starter-kit/326kx