Menu
duosonic
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

instagram on wifi

Hi

I Instagram and Facebook images will not load on any device, mobile, tablet or laptop over wifi or ethernet. I have rebooted the hub, tried disabling child safe and the firewall. I have also deleted the apps and reinstalled and nothing works. This problem has only just appeared in the last few days. 

I can see there are many archived issues about this and I cannot find any solutions. 

In addition Youtube pages take at leats 2 minutes to load. Again using any device. 

We are talking about the 3 biggest web services in the world and no-one in my family can use any with download speeds of 250mb upwards. 

I have a Hub4 and the fastest speed available to me.

Could I get some help please?

Thankyou

0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: instagram on wifi

Sounds like a potential issue accessing the content delivery servers.. if this is the case, it's usually fixed by getting a new IP address, though this is much easier said than done.

you can test the theory by putting the hub into modem mode and connecting a single device (PC) to the hub via ethernet.. then load the pages/sites that were not working and see if there's an improvement.

unfortunately, when you revert to router mode you'll get your current address back and it'll probably stop working agian, but at least you've proved the theory.. if it works, there are two options for changing your IP address - 1. getting a new hub or 2. getting your own third party router.

0 Kudos
duosonic
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks for helping.

Should the router be from Virgin,will it be the same type or a different model, will it be free and how do I go about that? I only recently was sent this new one as an 'upgrade' anyhow but I had the same problem with You Tube then too. 

The problem with Insta has only appeared recently and doesn't appear to replace to any updates etc I have done.

0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You should test the theory before you spend any money..

if you go down the 3rd party router option, anything from Asus, Netgear, TP-Link or Zyxel will serve you well - which one you buy, and how much you spend depends on many factors (size of house, construction materials etc..) but as i said, test it first with modem mode and a single PC connected via ethernet.

0 Kudos