cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inconsistent speeds + connect app not working

miloback4
Tuning in

Hello, I had my Hub 3.0 installed earlier today by an engineer. Unfortunately my download speeds typically range between 40-75mbps in my room, but the upload speed hovers around 35mbps in the same location, which is the average expected for the M500 package I selected (although sometimes it can dip to 15-20mbps). I did manage to get 280+mbps with my phone in the same room as the router at one point, but suddenly started getting roughly half of that and haven’t been able to hit that speed since.

I would use the Connect app to try and see if Wifi pods were necessary but it’s stuck on “installing hub” regardless of how much time passes. sometimes it instantly claims to not be able to locate the hub immediately.

I’ve tried resetting the router multiple times and disabling private wifi address to try and get the connect app working, but wifi speeds are still very slow and the app won’t connect to the hub.

5 REPLIES 5

Anankha
Problem sorter

Connect app is unreliable on newer devices. it works fine on my old iPad but not on my iPhone 14.
If you close the app then open it it should progress. 

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

Thanks for the suggestion, but I’ve tried doing that several times and the app won’t progress past the “installing hub” screen. is the app on your ipad updated to the latest version? 

I believe so- Ver 12.32.7 (0).
Whenever I try using the Home scan my iPhone asks me to connect to the VM network - it already is, yet the iPad works.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

The app randomly decided to start working but it keeps saying I’m not connected to wifi when trying to do a home scan.

Hey miloback4, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry you are having some speed issue.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Connect App recognising your hub. 

The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home WiFi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest network, VPN or Mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that: 

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 

For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. 

Pop back and keep us posted. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?