Menu
Vindyboy
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

iPhone

My iPhone says Weak Security of WPA/WPA2 (TKIP) is not considered secure.

Gone to 192.168.0.1 site tried logging in its says Welcome back enter Password put our new Hub 3 routers password in. It then states its an incorrect password plus put in other passwords, but I cannot get in to change to a stronger Secure system as suggested by trying to make my iPhone more secure by putting a WPA2(AES) or WPA3.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone

Are you using the admin password on the bottom of the hub (not the Wifi one). 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As Gary says try both. Then if connecting on wifi switch to an different ethernet connected device and try again - or vica versa. Also try different browsers

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Vindyboy
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tried admin and Admin even routers password all incorrect when trying to get access with the 192.168.0.1

Ron

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And on an ethernet cable connection ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Do a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Vindyboy
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorted Thanks Guys

0 Kudos
deans6571
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Vindyboy wrote:

My iPhone says Weak Security of WPA/WPA2 (TKIP) is not considered secure.

Gone to 192.168.0.1 site tried logging in its says Welcome back enter Password put our new Hub 3 routers password in. It then states its an incorrect password plus put in other passwords, but I cannot get in to change to a stronger Secure system as suggested by trying to make my iPhone more secure by putting a WPA2(AES) or WPA3.

...I also see this message on my iPad actually - it says I should use a 'Private address' on my iPad and to use WPA 3 security.

Do I need to change the settings then on my Hub 3 (not sure if all the devices in the house which connect via wifi would support WPA 3 if I changed this on the Hub?

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You need to change it from WPA/WPA2 to just WPA2