Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

iPhone unlock

Hello All, 

Hoping you are well.  

I’m wondering if someone could help me please unlock a iPhone that I have, which is locked to Virgin?  It’s an iPhone 6. I don’t have a sim in it, however know it’s locked to Virgin.

Many thanks for your help!

I look forward to your replies.

kind regards,

James

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone unlock

Just wondering where you got the phone from?

Only the carrier it's locked to can arrange an unlocking, so if you got it originally from Virgin then they should be able to do it for you relatively quickly. If not then there's still a chance that VM will help but what you might have to do is contact EE and ask them.

Why EE? Well Virgin Mobile is actually what's called a MVNO (mobile virtual network operator), they don't really have their own network but piggyback (if you like) off of EE's. So strictly speaking the phone is probably locked to the EE network.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your message. 

In response to this, I either got it directly from Virgin Media..or Apple.  I’m quite sure Virgin though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Apple wouldnt supply it on Virgin.

So call VM up and ask for it to be unlocked by them. It is often free if you have had it for some time - they may charge if its quite new or they have a policy to pay.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All phones supplied by Apple directly are unlocked so it must have been through VM, should be easy enough to call them and get it fixed.
0 Kudos