Menu
danny_cc
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

iPhone Hub 3 Issues

Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to help. I have just had VM broadband reinstalled after a few years away and was given a Hub 3 router. Everything works perfectly regarding speed etc.

However, one slight issue is that all 3 iPhones in the house just randomly stop loading anything until the WiFi is turned off and back on on the device. When I say stops loading, the WiFi is still connected to the router and doesn’t switch to data (as the setting is disabled) but when speed testing during the affected time, both upload and download speeds come back at 0mbps. It returns back to normal when the WiFi is restarted on the device but constantly having to turn the WiFi off and on is extremely annoying and inconvenient.

If it was just one device, I would assume that it is the device but it is obviously an issue with the router as it is across multiple devices. Has anyone experienced this and/or does anyone know how to fix this, I’d rather not ring VM because unless the customer service has changed over the last few years, I’m going to have to jump through hoops to get them to do anything useful.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
mjpartyboy
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone Hub 3 Issues

In my experience, it's not unusual for iOS and iPadOS devices to not play nice with some router settings. I'm not familiar with the Super Hub 3, as I have a SH2 that's in modem mode and use a dedicated router.

Perhaps if you share the current wireless and advanced wireless settings that are enabled on your SH3, it might help figure out the problem.

Do you run combined a 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network, or run them as separate bands?

Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Apple devices prefer to have different SSIDs for the two bands. Also it’s better to have the 2.4 GHz band at a lower power level then the 5 GHz band. I have the 2.4 band at a power level of 14 dBm and the 5 band at 25 dBm. Unfortunately I do not think you can change the power levels on the VM hub, I have always run in modem mode.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
danny_cc
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I am currently trying to gain access to the settings to post them but it’s claiming that there is someone already logged in after it made me change the password (telling me that I didn’t have to at the same time as not letting me proceed without changing it haha) so I will post them as soon as. But as far as I’m aware, it’s a combined network. I am by no means an IT novice but one thing that has always eluded me is WiFi settings so I will certainly try to keep up as best I can here.

0 Kudos