forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
KMM57518066V317
Settling in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

iOS 14 'Weak Security

Did everything suggested and still says weak security, cannot work from home until I reassure my manager that this is fixed.  Paying for VM and cannot be sure I am getting the service I am paying for if this is what it is saying on my devices.  Not good at all!

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: iOS 14 'Weak Security

its secure. if you are worried use a wired connection its the only way to be 100% safe from wireless hacking
0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you absolutely sure that you changed the security settings as advised in both WiFi bands and pressed the Apply Changes button?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
KMM57518066V317
Settling in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It will be difficult for me to use a wired connection as I will have my computer upstairs and do not want trailing wires everywhere.  What is the point in paying for something you are not getting. I should be assured that it's secure not have to guess and hunt for information due to VM lack of human beings to talk to over the phone - I guess COVID had caused a drought in human beings like all the other organisations out there that take your money but cannot be bothered to talk to you.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

you are getting it. its still secure. but if your job is making rules they need to fix them 🙂

0 Kudos
KMM57518066V317
Settling in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Your reply is not helpful - my job fixing the problem? How about VM fixing the problem, I pay for the service they are not handing it out for free.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

its not a problem though.
your company said they won't get you work without fixing a problem that you don't have

Not helpful but true
0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@KMM57518066V317 wrote:

Did everything suggested and still says weak security, cannot work from home until I reassure my manager that this is fixed.  Paying for VM and cannot be sure I am getting the service I am paying for if this is what it is saying on my devices.  Not good at all!

Does your manager understand IP Sec?

The issue you’re mentioning relates to Apple flagging a potential weakness where people have set wireless access points with legacy authentication requirements to accommodate older devices.  It has nothing to do with data confidentiality.

Check you’ve applied the changes to the hub settings correctly.

If there are security concerns within your organisation, or from your manager, they should ensure they provide a suitable VPN.

It’s not an ISP (Virgin Media) issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!