Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

iMac Ethernet IP address issue

Hi, appreciate that this will come across as a numpty query but I am trying to install a BT WholeHome wifi set up and connect it to the Hub3. Before switching off the WIFI from the Hub I was just trying to get the MAC to connect to the HUB with a cable but I am unable to get a valid Ethernet IP address on my MAC that then connects to the Hub3. Whilst the MAC does show that the Ethernet is connected (and only on the 4th port) and I am using DHCP the MAC does not show up in the Hub3 devices and the Internet only works when the WIFI is switched on. I have tried different cables and got the same response. So I guess there is a simple config in the MAC that I need to do but also wondering whether there is something I need to do with the Hub setting? Has anybody else had a similar issue?

Big thanks in advance

Sal

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: iMac Ethernet IP address issue

Plug the Mac into the spare Ethernet port on the WiFi disc - does that work?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks for that, but there is only one port on the disc and I think that is the one which should connect to the hub.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ah ok. You have the standard discs then.

Disabling the WiFi won’t stop Ethernet connections direct to the hub from working. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks, will give it a try.

0 Kudos