cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub issues

jamesrm
Joining in

Hi

my broadband hub has been intermittent for over a week and has now failed despite numerous resets. I was advised on the phone that there was a local issue? can you please advise if a replacement is necessary. 

thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the Hub broken, or is it your broadband circuit is down?  Either way, a VM Mod will pick this up in a day or two and discuss with you.  If you need is urgent, you will need to ring VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For local issues... Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jamesrm 

Welcome back to the community forums

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your services at this time. 

Looks like the local issue has since been resolved and I cannot see anything else of concern. Your hub specs and levels all look good at our side. 

If you're still having any concerns, please reboot all your equipment since the outage has been resolved and let us know if the issues persist at all. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley

the intermittent problem is still continuing. I've rebooted again but still persists

thanks

James

Hi @jamesrm, thank you for the update.

Are you experiencing the same problems on devices connected via ethernet cable? 

If not, have you tried running checks on the Virgin Media Connect app? You can access the app by clicking here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel

Neither of my laptops have an ethernet connection. Just the TV wired directly to the hub.

I've reset the hub again but no change

thanks

James

Client62
Legend

Perform a full Restart both laptops specifically use:      Shutdown or sign out >>> Restart

Hello jamesrm,

Thanks for replying.

Can we just ask how things are today?

Have you been able to connect okay with out loss of connection?

Gareth_L