cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub five keeps dropping signal goes yellow (green) flashing lights

Gadman
Tuning in

hi 

my new hub five (upgraded from a box 3) every other day keeps dropping internet and then goes to a yellow/ green flashing light for about half an hour i have done my research and found its supposed to be an update but the fact its happening every other day should not be correct is there any way to fix this issue?

my old box worked fine no problems with it 

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

To see if your Hub 5 has software version : LG-RDK_6.9.35-2302.6  (seen from 03/10/2023) connect to the Hub menu at http://192.168.0.1/   and look in Admin>>>Info     Failed attempts to update the software can often  be seen in the Hub log.

Hub dropouts can also be caused by faults in the street cabinet or with your cable connection.

Check for a fault in the locality via : 0800 561 0061 - it is an automated service.

Hub Signal Level Checks

Via http://192.168.0.1/ connect to the Hub in Router mode, do not login in, scroll down to "Check router status"     Use http://192.168.100.1/ for a Hub in Modem mode

Using the Hub's "Check router status" tabs check the Downstream and Upstream power levels are in spec.

( If already logged in to the Hub menu, the same info is available at : Advanced settings >>> Tools >>> Network status )

Downstream Power Levels of -7 to +7 dBmV are preferred, +10dBmV is the max acceptable, with a SNR of 33dB or higher across all DOCSIS 3.0 channels. Rising error counts across many channels is a current service noise fault.

Upstream
Power Levels of 35 to 49 dBmV are preferred, with QAM 64 Modulation mode across all four to six DOCSIS 3.0 channels.  Seeing QAM 32/16/QPSK is a current service noise fault.  Seeing less than four DOCSIS 3.0 channels is usually a signal level fault.

Gadman
Tuning in

hi
update seems fine but power levels and snr seems to be 33db or higher
image.png

Gadman_0-1698878390956.png

image.png

looking further for this it seems every time my IPv4 lease expires my internet goes down like it cant renew it and i have to manually reboot the box 

Gadman_1-1698878721942.png

hi
update seems fine but power levels and snr seems to be 33db or higher

Gadman_2-1698878787275.png

Gadman_3-1698878787380.png

Gadman_4-1698878787376.png

looking further for this it seems every time my IPv4 lease expires my internet goes down like it cant renew it and i have to manually reboot the box 

Gadman_5-1698878787371.png

Hi @Gadman 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Hub 5 losing connection 

I have checked the system at our side and run some tests and can see there is an issue that requires a technician to investigate further, we can book this for you here.

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley