Menu
buckbam
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hub 4 nightly updates

Hi since January at between 12am and 1am my hub4 router seems to take updates every night just takes about 5  minutes every night is this normal or should I try anything to stop this. Bcuk

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: hub 4 nightly updates

Do the updates take affect, I remember having a similar issue with my Hub 4 at launch and I ended up factory resetting it and waiting for a while for it to update again.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
buckbam
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well I think their up dates if I am online it stops my connection and the hub lights up bright white then seems to turn on and reboot its self then its fine untill the next night, it's annoying if your watching a movie on Amazon and it dose it. And 2 red lights show up on TiVo box but go away when hub is back on.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As mentioned, give it a factory reset by holding in the pinhole for 10 seconds and see if the problem fixes, you could also login to hub 4 and pull the logs to see if it indicates any issues and what its doing.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
buckbam
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt I have done the reset a so far all is good 😊 thanks for your help.