Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

hub 4 constant dropping of service

I mistakenly went for the hub 4 that was offered. It arrived last week and I installed this Sunday as a family of 3 are all working from home and didn't want to install with issues mid week! turns out it made no difference as i've had hardly any service since  Sunday  had to reboot twice, finally thought id got all working until we try to use a hive app, or smart tv catch up or  Netflix.  Cannot stay connect to teams or upload to one drive , when you run training online not great!

I called and hour into waiting I was cut off you told me to text, I then went through security and apparently everything including the package Im on was wrong for everything I put in , despite me sat in front of my account online .. you then correct text me my name and correct account. number but couldn't find me and then said you will get some one to text me back .... in probably 24 hours.  

Ive had no services since changing over im like 1000s of others working from home,  along with 2 others we are having to hotspot to use our PCs / Macs if we dont work we dont get paid a wage. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: hub 4 constant dropping of service

So is your service fully down or just intermittent?

And is it affecting wired or wireless devices?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Its effecting both. Ive a the hive hub wired direct into it which keeps disconnecting, in the same room Ive a wifi smart Tv i as the new hub and that too isn't playing any catch up TV or Netflix without buffering or dropping network. 

I have a virgin booster hardwired into the hub and then ethernet cable into one desktop pc that seems to be the only device working however loading and emails,  webpages taking much longer to load like its too buffering. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Post the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hubs admin pages back here as text 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator

without sounding more dim than I'm currently feeling after 5 hours of trying to sort this with Virgin and trying to do my work! how do I do this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Ignore that im just logging in now on HTTP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Ok, im back to been dim!  however when ive logged into the hub HTTP and carried out a wifi check its told me my home network has a few problems

so not sure what I need to do to resolve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Post the logs as requested 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I would post them if I knew how to post what you are requesting, unfortunately im not clear on what or how to do it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Login to the hubs admin page. Go to tools, network status.

Post the logs. 

0 Kudos